3M Flap Disc 80+ grit 33472 (5 pack) 115mm x 22mm
5 pack flap disc 80+ grit
singles available in store
- Cuts 30% faster and lasts 2x longer than other conventional ceramic abrasives for increased productivity and a consistent repair finish
- Runs cooler and requires less pressure than other conventional ceramic abrasives
- Precision Shaped Grain (PSG) technology results in a more uniform finish, less rework, less refining of deep scratches
- Flexible flap construction allows for grinding and blending in one
- Low-pressure grinding, small weld removal, finishing and surface prep with just one disc
- Triangular PSG abrasive grains are super-sharp and cut exceptionally fast
- Grains are electrostatically oriented on abrasive surface for efficient cut, even wear
- PSG self-fractures during use to maintain sharpness and prolong abrasive life
Our 3M™ Cubitron™ II Flap Discs is engineered for a faster cut, longer disc life and a more uniform finish vs. conventional ceramic abrasives. Flexible flaps feature our Precision Shaped Grain (PSG) technology – super-sharp triangular grains, electrostatically oriented on a flexible backing for an extremely fast, even cut. Overlapping flaps provide cushion for grinding and blending with one disc.
Faster Cut, Longer Life
Featuring our Precision Shaped Grain (PSG) technology, the 3M™ Cubitron™ II Flap Discs is engineered for faster cut, longer disc life and a better finish on a range of heavy-duty jobs in collision repair. This 4-1/2" disc combines PSG with a flexible overlapping flap design that allows for grinding and blending in one — you can use fewer discs to complete the same amount of work.
About 3M™ Cubitron™ II and Precision-Shaped Grain
Have raised the bar for high-performing abrasives. 3M Cubitron II abrasives feature our Precision-Shaped Grain (PSG) technology, which allows our engineers to control the geometry of the abrasive grain for a truly fast, efficient cut. It also allows the disc to run cooler and require less pressure than other conventional ceramic abrasives, excellent for lighter weight materials. Instead of simply crushing the abrasive into particles, 3M uses microreplication to uniformly size ceramic grains and precisely shape them into triangular structures — essentially, sharp peaks that slice, not plow, through paint and metal. These grains are electrostatically oriented on the abrasive surface for the most efficient cut and even wear. What's more, PSG fractures during use to maintain sharp abrasive edges. The result: 3M Cubitron II cuts 30% faster and lasts 2x longer than conventional ceramic abrasives.
Tough Grinding and Finer Finish Combined
Durable Y-weight polyester backing on the 3M Cubitron II Flap Discs delivers controlled, even wear for low to medium-high pressure applications. Fibre-reinforced flaps radiate from a central hub and allow for maximum material loading onto the cutting surface. As the overlapping layers of the flaps wear away, they continuously expose fresh ceramic abrasive for a fast, consistent cut. The cushioning of the flaps combined with our super-sharp PSG abrasive grinds effectively yet creates a smooth finish. Under normal conditions, our flap discs grind and blend in one step to provide a finish that's one grade finer than the finish of a conventional fibre disc of the same grade.
- Grinding to bare metal
- Weld grinding and seam blending
- Edge grinding
- Rust removal
- Paint removal
- Paint stripping